The mission of our competition is to highlight the art of the Coloratura repertoire and singing style, raise the awareness and appreciation of this challenging technique not only to the singers but to audiences, and create unique performing opportunities for promising singers of all ages.
1) There will be three rounds: Round 1- Preliminary screening applications must be received by July 31, 2021, Semi-finalists will be notified by September 1, 2021; a Finalists concert will be shown Saturday, October 9, 2021, at 7:30pm where the winners will be announced.
- Student: ages 16-24 as of January 1, 2021
- Artist: ages 25-39 as of January 1, 2021
- Accomplished: ages 40 + as of January 1, 2021-there is no age cut off. (If there are not at least 25 entries this division will be folded into the Artist Division)
The Final Competition
8-14 semi-finalists will be selected from preliminary submissions in each division.
Round II (Maximum 10 minutes) -
The selected semi-finalists in the will be evaluated by a new set judges with a new set of scores (Screening scores do not carry over). Singers will present their original submission and a 2nd selection that the judges will choose based on the options listed on the registration form.
Round III -
10 Finalists will be included in a virtual 7:30pm evening concert. Each singer will perform one selection and then prizes will be awarded including an audience choice award.
- All music performed must be memorized including arias from oratorios, cantatas or masses.
- The video should be one single take, no edits.
- The video must have been recorded in 2021.
- The selection may be cut/shortened but only one (1) song may be submitted.
- The decision of the jury is final.
- First Prize per division - $1500
- Encouragement Awards - $500
Jury for Prelims
Jury for Semifinals/Finals
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org